• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Disk Version - Update Camera RAW

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR-6 (Disk Version).  I want to import Olympus RAW files from  OMD-M1 ll and convert them to DNG through the Lightroom 6 application.  I've downloaded the latest DNG converter, but nothing happens when I go back and try to import files from the SD card into Lightroom 6 (just error message).  Can this be done or do I have to go and purchase Lightroom 6CC?

!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Lightroom does not use the "Adobe Camera Raw" plugin, it has its own processing engine for each update. The present latest version of Lightroom is v 6.8 which is equivalent to ACR 9.8.

See the link below.

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not use the "Adobe Camera Raw" plugin, it has its own processing engine for each update. The present latest version of Lightroom is v 6.8 which is equivalent to ACR 9.8.

See the link below.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera does not seem to be supported in Lightroom yet. I would expect it to be supported in the next update. Switching to Lightroom CC wouldn't resolve the issue because it is the same program, just activated differently. The DNG converter has to be updated as well in order to support that camera. So at this point you will just have to be patient until the next updates are released.  Those updates will be free. Here is a list of cameras currently supported by Camera Raw and Lightroom:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do see my Olympus camera on the Camera RAW list (with an *).  As I said, I use the disk version of LR 6.  When in the program, I've clicked on "Help" to see how to import updates, but can't get an answer.  Also, Adobe will not let me call to discuss the LR 6 Disk Version issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. My mistake. I was looking for the "OMD" on the front of the model listing. That note indicates that there is "preliminary" support for the camera. That also means that you can expect a more complete support for the camera in an upcoming update. But you need to have Lightroom 6.8 installed, which is the most recent update. You should be able to get that update from the Help menu. But if it indicates that you are up to date and yet you are not using Lightroom 6.8,  then you can download the update from this website:

Take note that there is only one update installer for both Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC. Download and run the installer for Lightroom 6.8, and you should have some support for your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to follow DdeGannes reply and update to Lightroom to 6.8. You will then get 'Preliminary support' for your camera.

I'm not sure what ''Preliminary support' means, but atleast you will be able to import your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines