• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing the photo suite where their is super slow inet

Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently in Palau. The inet is awful, slow and keeps disconnecting. All of my students want to start using the current version of the photo suite. How can they do?Any suggestions or ideas?

Aloha

Randy

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Ok from this link i found this this info: thru customer support you can order a installer DVD.

How to Get or Order a Creative Cloud Disc/DVD from Adobe

IMPORTANT: Please see this update from Adobe about the DVDs.

So maybe you thought when Adobe stopped selling boxed software, you might never see another disc from them again, right? Fortunately they realized that not everyone (yet) has the available bandwidth to download large multi-gigabyte files error-free over slow or unsteady Internet connection

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok from this link i found this this info: thru customer support you can order a installer DVD.

How to Get or Order a Creative Cloud Disc/DVD from Adobe

IMPORTANT: Please see this update from Adobe about the DVDs.

So maybe you thought when Adobe stopped selling boxed software, you might never see another disc from them again, right? Fortunately they realized that not everyone (yet) has the available bandwidth to download large multi-gigabyte files error-free over slow or unsteady Internet connections – especially in rural, remote, or less-developed areas of the world… So good news, Adobe does actually offer the option for Creative Cloud customers to receive free disc media with all the CC 2015 desktop tools on it, whenever and wherever necessary (worldwide).

All you have to do to get it is join to be a Cloud member at any level – even if only for one single month… Then contact Adobe’s Customer Service Team (Instant Live Chat works well, click “Still need help? Contact us”), explain the situation, and they’ll send you out a DVD right away contain­ing all the CC applications for Windows or Mac OS, at no extra charge. Once you get the tools installed from your disc and running locally on your computer, the software will need to connect online very briefly to validate your member­ship – and then annual members can run for up to 99 days offline without having to revalidate or reconnect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 5-year old iMac does not support discs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot use disc media, then only other option would be to find somewhere that does have better Internet speed/reliability and use the CC direct links to download the installers onto a USB/flash drive using that connection, and then install the software onto your computer from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I'm "late to the party", but you could use an external disc drive for Mac:

https://www.google.com/search?q=external+disc+drive+for+Mac&oq=external+disc+drive+for+Mac&aqs=chrom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines