Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I install Lightroom on a second PC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Look at this page for details.

Where to find preference files for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5

You should find the Registration info in the same place for LR 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same way you installed it on the first PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a standalone version - not CC and I originally downloaded it - no CD. I downloaded a version to my second computer and put in the serial number but it says this serial number was not relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must download the version to which your serial number relates.

If you have a version 6 serial number then you must download version 6.

Download your version from

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John - I have downloaded Lightroom and tried to install it. Once i enter my serial number a message says: "Serial number you provided is valid but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer. To use this serial number you must own one of these qualifying products. Please choose the one you own and enter its serial number". A drop down menu lists Lightroom 1 to 5 only. Not version 6! I selected version 5 since it is the closest version to 6, and a message says: "This serial number is not for a qualifying product". According to Adobe, I can have lightroom on two computers!! why do they make it so difficult to do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bought an upgrade version of Lr6 you must provide a serial number for a previous version.  Posting a screen clip or two of the screens you are seeing might help.  Also, what is your operating system version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom-serial-number-1.jpg

2nd message.jpg

lightroom-serial-number-2.jpg

Operating system - Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

The picture showing "Select a product" only showed version 1 to 5 - not version 6

[Mod - Post edited to obscure serial numbers]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is because you are installing 6. It want to know the version number of the serial from the qualifying previous version.

Actually if you select any of them, 1 > 5, and put in any serial for any of those versions, 1 > 5, it will go through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it will not go through - ref above screen shots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of LR do you own other than LR 6? Do you have the serial number from that other version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a version 3 on an older computer - how do I find out its serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at this page for details.

Where to find preference files for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5

You should find the Registration info in the same place for LR 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - Thanks a million. It seems to have worked. Have to go out now but will test it later.

THANKS AGAIN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PODSY  wrote

The picture showing "Select a product" only showed version 1 to 5 - not version 6

What everyone else has said.

The issue here is that you are entering an upgrade serial number. So the last screen you posted wants you to select the version you're upgrading from and enter that serial number.

For example, if you've got Lightroom 5, select Lightroom 5 from the dropdown then enter the Lightroom 5 serial number. Then the version 6 upgrade install will accept version 5 as a qualifying version for a version 6 upgrade and the install will complete successfully.

P.S. Of course, if you don't have any previous version serial numbers then you cannot use the version 6 upgrade serial number. You must then use a full version serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not upgrading - I have version 6 on one computer and I just want to load Version 6 onto a second computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version 6 serial number you have is an upgrade version. So according to the version 6 installer, you are, in fact, upgrading.

Keep your version 3 serial number safe with your version 6 serial number. If you ever want to reinstall version 6 again, you will always need your version 3 serial number for verification purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found a serial number for version 5 so all should be well in the future. Thanks again John and "Just shoot me". Very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be a good idea not to post your serial numbers.  Maybe a moderator can remove them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial numbers seem to have been erased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines