2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2017 11:44 AM by Just Shoot Me

Lightroom problems

davidl28784412

Good evening all,

After persevering with constant recurring problems with activating LR and with it closing in the middle of editing and creating a lock file, I have uninstalled LR from my laptop ( which now works more quickly).

I subscribe monthly and was wondering how I can reinstall this without incurring any extra charge ?

Can anyone help with advice on this ?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Lightroom problems
          Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

Use the CC desktop app to reinstall. You can also download the installer from here: Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Either way, this will install the base version (2015.0), and you will need to update to the latest version (2015.8).

When Lightoom is running, there will be a lock file present in the same folder as the catalog. This is to prevent other users from accessing the catalog. The lock file is deleted when you close the program, but if it doesn't close down properly, it might not be deleted, and you have to delete it manually. Uninstalling will not delete the lock file.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom problems
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

If you've had constant recurring problems with LR I would start looking at your computer as the cause. Heat or faulty memory are the primary reasons for LR to shut down unexpectedly, which leaves the LOCK on the drive.

1 person found this helpful