4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2017 11:48 PM by ethandale

Can Clickers be used with InDesign?

ethandale Level 1

I was trying to use my wireless mouse as a clicker the other day, only to find out that InDesign's online presentation system does not allow for movement of slides with the buttons, only by clicking the edge of the screen or pressing the arrow keys. Are there "clickers" (not the kind for answering questions, but the kind professors use to advance slides) that work with InDesign? Thanks!

Ethan

• 1. Re: Can Clickers be used with InDesign?
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

InDesign doesn't have an online presentation system unless you're referring to creating a Publish Online document. The presentation is Publish Online is "what you see is what you get," but works for most people on both computers and mobile devices.

• 2. Re: Can Clickers be used with InDesign?
            ethandale Level 1

Well, the online presentation thing is the only way I know of presenting with InDesign actually...Publish Online just doesn't let me go forward and back in slides with anything but the arrow keys, and I was wondering if there are clickers I could use.

• 3. Re: Can Clickers be used with InDesign?
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well, I don't think I've ever heard of "clickers," but you may have missed the thumbnails you can turn on at the bottom of the pages which are a lot faster to navigate:

Safari074.png

• 4. Re: Can Clickers be used with InDesign?
                ethandale Level 1

Hmm, no, I did not know about the thumbnail feature! That's still not quite what I am looking for though...I am wanting to stand away from the computer. I don't even want to have to look at what's on the screen behind me. I just want to press a button on a small device I am holding and have it advance to the next slide. For instance, have you heard of the Myo? I've seen people advance slides forward and backward in Microsoft Powerpoint just by touching their fingers together in various ways, and the Myo armband is connected with bluetooth. People use it when they're 20 feet from their computers. What I see more commonly however (and a LOT less expensive I am guessing) is a professor that has some device in their hand that they have a few buttons on it, and they can move slides forward or move them backwards by pressing those buttons. Some of these devices have laser pointers on them too so that the professor can point to a specific objective that is being projected. I'm looking for something like that, and I'm really not sure what the exact term for them is...I just want to find one that works with InDesign, and their online publishing format.