• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watch Folders and Elements 14

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So annoying...appreciate any help...I just bought a new PC...I backed up my old catalog and restored it on the new PC.  I set up only ONE watch folder and no matter what I try, it does not recognize new photos copied there.  No notification, no nothing.  It is not a network drive.  It is on my local PC.  I have checked to ensure the Active File Monitoring service is running (I even restarted it) but to no avail.  I am at my wits end.  I have invested countless hours in this product with tagging and am about to give up.  My thoughts of upgrading to version 15 came to a screeching halt when I noticed there is no phone support for this product.  What exactly am I paying for here...

Help someone please...thanks in advance...

Jerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  After about an hour, the photos were found in the watch folder.  What would be causing this long a delay?  I've moved a few more photos into the watch folder and am waiting...this should be pretty instantaneous.  Is there a way to manually kick it off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MrJCG1  wrote

UPDATE:  After about an hour, the photos were found in the watch folder.  What would be causing this long a delay?  I've moved a few more photos into the watch folder and am waiting...this should be pretty instantaneous.  Is there a way to manually kick it off?

"This should be pretty instantaneous"...

Do you realize that the watch folder service is only, and exactly comparing the contents a given folder tree to the files already in the catalog?

Doing it manually via the 'Import' from files and folders command you can see how long that can be for a small subfolder of a whole very big library. That command only imports what is not already in the catalog. Same result.

Differences with the watched folder service is that you decide when to start the process; also probably more computer power is assigned to the task. I use the command 'Import' instead of 'watched' for specific folders where files can be downloaded outside of Elements: downloads from Internet, Dropbox folder... and I choose the moment to start, possibly at night if I want to scan all the library.

I don't know if you'll get more info from Adobe staff, but it seems that the process has been changed to start immediately in Elements 15, but I can't know... I am just on a new computer, new Win10 and newly installed PSE15 and the 'active file monitor' service is not installed in that computer??? Anyway I systematically avoid background tasks like finding missing files, indexing faces data etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines