• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why make me feel that someone has power over me and can tell me what to do and how to work ? Why do that ?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I make my crop tool in PS 2017 stay put. where it belongs where its always been ?

How do I make it so when I drag a jpg in my PS that it does not try to put it inside an open document.  ? How do I get rid of PLACE?

Also how do I prevent my document from flipping all over the place when I am trying crop.

I want my document to stay PUT how do I make it stay put.  ?   

How do we communicate with the programmers that when they make something cool they only need to add a tool tip that says HEY CHECK OUT THE COOL THING WE DID...   instead of threatening my work flow and my comfort level. 

Why make me feel that someone has power over me and can tell me what to do and how to work ?   Why do that ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

It can certainly be frustrating when long accustomed workflows suddenly change, but in my experience, every time this happens I always agree that the new feature is an improvement once I learn it.  Every time an Adobe product is upgraded, if you click on Help, and choose Online Help you'll find a What's New link

Julianne Kost usually puts up several videos that explain new features in a friendly way

Photoshop Training Videos « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Search Julianne's blog for specifics like the Cro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to go here: Photoshop Family Customer Community  where Adobe's programmers and customer feedback is.

We're just regular users helping out with technical and technique questions, we are not Adobe Staff, although they do help out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can certainly be frustrating when long accustomed workflows suddenly change, but in my experience, every time this happens I always agree that the new feature is an improvement once I learn it.  Every time an Adobe product is upgraded, if you click on Help, and choose Online Help you'll find a What's New link

Julianne Kost usually puts up several videos that explain new features in a friendly way

Photoshop Training Videos « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Search Julianne's blog for specifics like the Crop Tool.  She is an excellent trainer and makes it easy to follow.

crop tool « Search Results « Julieanne Kost's Blog

And Jeff Tranberry lists issues with new versions in his Crawlspace blog

Jeff Tranberry's Digital Imaging Crawlspace | Adobe Digital Imaging tid-bits, served in a dirty asht...

Good luck, and PLEASE come and ask us if and when you get stuck.  We actually enjoy doing this stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Appreciate the Kindness   - I will bear this in mind next time I become frustrated -  I  need to stop and learn what is  new before I expect to work as usual.  ANNND probably NOT post when I feel like pulling my hair out.    This did help me.  thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's more comfortable, use Crop Tool in Classic Mode.  Sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't.  It depends on the project.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines