• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see file names

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newbie to Lightroom.  I transferred all of my pictures from my memory card to a file on my desktop called "photography."  I tried to import them to Lightroom and can't see the files names when I click file < import < open source <desktop.  My instructor did say that this is a problem with PCs.  Does anyone know if there is a solution?  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

I click file < import < open source <desktop

You may need to look further down the left panels for the "photographs" folder. Click the small triangles to expand/collapse the folder tree.

Also there is a check box option to "include sub-folders" -do you have that checked on?

Another confusing fact is that the "Desktop" is a folder buried in C:\Users\your name\desktop,  so selecting the C:\ drive needs expanding several layers of sub-folders to find desktop folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of LR are you using, go to Help > About Adobe PS LR?

What camera are these files from and are they RAW files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I'm using the 2015.8 release, camera raw 9.8 version of Lightroom (still on the trial version for a couple of days).  My camera is a Nikon DSLR 5500 and I do believe the files are raw.  They came right off my memory card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click file < import < open source <desktop

You may need to look further down the left panels for the "photographs" folder. Click the small triangles to expand/collapse the folder tree.

Also there is a check box option to "include sub-folders" -do you have that checked on?

Another confusing fact is that the "Desktop" is a folder buried in C:\Users\your name\desktop,  so selecting the C:\ drive needs expanding several layers of sub-folders to find desktop folders.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you- I will try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines