2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2017 2:13 PM by DdeGannes

cant import

stephaniel80413652

I am trying to import photos from my memory card into lightroom. I have a macbook air. I am going into lightroom, selecting the source and the destination, then pressing import.  Import begins. I see the pictures come up and then I immediately get message that says:

The following files were not imported because they could not be read.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me and it is happening with both of my memory cards. Any Ideas?

thx

Steph

• 1. Re: cant import
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

How are you accessing the memory cards? Are they in a Card Reader or are you connecting the camera directly to the computer?

If camera to computer get a card reader.

If card reader try a different cable.

If the Air has a built in card reader and you are using that try an external reader.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: cant import
            DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

Quote "The following files were not imported because they could not be read."

This error indicates that you are trying to copy files from the memory card to a folder on your computer HDD for which you do not have full read and write permissions.

Use your operating system to change the permissions for the folder or choose an alternative location.

See the right panel of the import dialog to see the folder location.

2 people found this helpful