• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto import into light room from Silverfast

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to auto import into light room.  Didn't work.  Now get Unexpected error "?:0: attempt to index a nil value".  Can't change Autoimport settings now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

There have been other threads of Auto-import 'bug' locking up in the menu dialog.

Auto import settings... dialog box does not appear

If you get the Menu to open the dialog-

These are the steps I did for auto-import that works for me:   (CC2015.8 Windows-10 Epson Scan)

1. With the operating system created a new EMPTY folder , (named like "Autoin" )

2. In Lr, Open the Menu > File > Auto Import > Auto Import Settings,  Enable Auto-import.

3. Set the 'Watched Folder'  to  {Autoin}

4. Choose a 'Destination

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There have been other threads of Auto-import 'bug' locking up in the menu dialog.

Auto import settings... dialog box does not appear

If you get the Menu to open the dialog-

These are the steps I did for auto-import that works for me:   (CC2015.8 Windows-10 Epson Scan)

1. With the operating system created a new EMPTY folder , (named like "Autoin" )

2. In Lr, Open the Menu > File > Auto Import > Auto Import Settings,  Enable Auto-import.

3. Set the 'Watched Folder'  to  {Autoin}

4. Choose a 'Destination Folder' that is suitable, with full Read/Write permissions.

5. Keep the develop and metadata options as 'None' until the system is working. (Change later if wanted)

6. Start the scanner software and set it to save the files into the {Autoin} folder.

7. Do the scan job, and with Lr also running, images will auto-import to the {Destination Folder}

I have only used Epson scan, and setting the 'Save to' option is easy. Not sure how Silverfast works.

The "...index a nil value"  error can occur if an option box is empty (nil value), check as in 5. that you see "None".

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines