1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2008 7:40 PM by Newsgroup_User

Calendar Day View in Flex

alice_data Level 1
      Hi,

I am not sure if this place is the right place where I am supposed to post this.
      Has anyone tried using Flex to build a calendar application from scratch? I am having some problems with finding the right elements that would display the calendar in a day view that looks a bit like a timetable, but so far I have only found calendar components that display in a monthly view.
      Does anyone know if there are other possible components other than mx:DateChooser to build an application that allows users to list things in a day view, a monthly view and possibly other customized views? Or, do I have to "establish" each of these elements by compiling them manually with images?
        • 1. Re: Calendar Day View in Flex
          Level 7

"alice_data" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g94igg$o1f$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          >
          > I am not sure if this place is the right place where I am supposed to
          > post
          > this.
          > Has anyone tried using Flex to build a calendar application from
          > scratch? I
          > am having some problems with finding the right elements that would display
          > the
          > calendar in a day view that looks a bit like a timetable, but so far I
          > have
          > only found calendar components that display in a monthly view.
          > Does anyone know if there are other possible components other than
          > mx:DateChooser to build an application that allows users to list things in
          > a
          > day view, a monthly view and possibly other customized views? Or, do I
          > have to
          > "establish" each of these elements by compiling them manually with images?

I built something with a month and a week view. I used a TileList for the
          month, and a custom component that does something sort of like an Accordion
          that held a List with a custom itemRenderer for each day. Essentially, I
          had an array of dates that I grouped different ways for the different views.
          If I had it to do over, I'd extend HierarchicalCollectionView to have a
          grouping function and use that to group on the different time periods. But
          this is how I dealt with the dates...
          http://flexdiary.blogspot.com/2008/05/working-with-dates-in-as3.html

HTH;

Amy