• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot move images within a collection, or from one collection to another, within Lightroom with drag and drop

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past 2 weeks I have not been able to move images within a collection, or from one collection to another, with drag and drop. This has always worked for me in the past. I instlled an update today and still won't work. I created a new catalog and it won't work there either.

Most current Mac yosemite and most current LR.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

I tried creating a new collection and even a new catalog, but still could not drag and drop to a collection or within.  I just fixed it. I shut down and restarted the Mac computer. I am sure I tired that before, but this time it all seems to be working after the shut down. I don't shut it down often:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jult,

Please backup your current catalog following the steps mentioned in How to back up catalogs in Lightroom and then reset preferences. Have a look at this article https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/  for step by step instructions on restoring preferences.

Note: - Just to ensure you are always clicking/dragging the photo you are trying to move. If you try to drag and drop by clicking on the area surrounding the image it doesn't work.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jul,

Did you try creating a new collection?

Where is your catalog located?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried creating a new collection and even a new catalog, but still could not drag and drop to a collection or within.  I just fixed it. I shut down and restarted the Mac computer. I am sure I tired that before, but this time it all seems to be working after the shut down. I don't shut it down often:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines