6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 1:35 AM by davescm

Photoshop Brush, Pencil, etc. cursors stuck as icons, not usual shapes like circles

CapeHorn2013

Bought a new Dell tower to get more processing power. See specs below. Running Windows 10. Photoshop CS6 (13.0.1 x64). 

All was working well, until last Saturday. Now, in Photoshop, I click on some tools and they displays within my image as an actual icon like to the graphic that appears in its panel. Brush tool displays as Brush, not circle. Sharpen displays in image layer as triangle like panel. Same with Healing Brush, Pencil, Dodge, and Burn. They function normally, such as changing size several ways, including [ - ], drawing, opacity, flow, shape, etc., but difficult to use when cursor is a picture of the tool rather than a circle.. Read many Forums, searches, etc. without finding similar problem.   Out of ideas. Would so appreciate a solution.

This is what I have tried:
      Windows System File Checker - all OKWindows Deployment Image Service and Management Tool - All OK

Norton Antivirus = All OK

CC Cleaner - no issues

Malware - All OK

Turned off Sync to Windows OneDrive

Caps lock is NOT on, but I toggled it on and off many times anyway

Reset all tools to Default

Checked graphics/video drivers - all up-to-date

Windows 10 - up-to-date

Photoshop -up-to-date
      Adobe Camera Raw - up-to-datePreferences>Cursors> Standard   and Preferences>Other Cursors>Standard. Tried them with every option

Graphics processor - turned on and off several times

Problem same with mouse and pen - unplugged Wacom tablet, no change

Ran Program Compatibility Troubleshooter - OK

Uninstalled Quicktime - no change

Windows  > Workspace > Went back to Essentials> Reset Essentials- no change

Have not deleted and reinstalled Photoshop yet.

Dell Tower Specs

AMD Radeon(TM) RX 480 with 8GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory

BDRE Drive (Reads and Writes to Blu-Ray disks)

6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.2 GHz)

Windows 10 Home-HE (64bit) English

16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 2133MHz SDRAM Memory

512GB M.2 Solid State Drive + 2TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive

1. 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0

Integrated 7.1 with WAVE MAXXAudio Pro

Wireless 3165 driver

Fixed Hardware Configuration

Windows System SW, XPS 8910

Cyberlink Media Suite Essentials without Media

Image result for image of photoshop brush tool

The tool when it is in my editing layer is an actual  Brush instead of whatever shape I select, either basic or more complex.