Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall/Re Install Lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening

Since I have had many problems running LR and it closing down and creating lock files I made the decision to uninstall all of LR.

I subscribe monthly and would now like to Re Install.

Can I do this without having to "buy" all over again or do I have to start over with the buying process ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

My suggestion - from personal experience:  I followed the steps below for a 'clean' system with Adobe programs.

Because you subscribe-

1. Download and run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool.   Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

This Un-installs any Adobe CC program you select in the dialog.    (Note- this is Not the freeware program CCleaner!)

2. Reboot the computer

3. Download and run the Creative Cloud Desktop App   Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply download from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

First 2015.0 base installer and then the update to the latest 2015.8.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion - from personal experience:  I followed the steps below for a 'clean' system with Adobe programs.

Because you subscribe-

1. Download and run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool.   Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

This Un-installs any Adobe CC program you select in the dialog.    (Note- this is Not the freeware program CCleaner!)

2. Reboot the computer

3. Download and run the Creative Cloud Desktop App   Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

4. In the CC App-  Log in with the Adobe ID you used for your subscription.

5. Click the [Install] buttons on the CC App to install Lightroom Photoshop (and Bridge-if wanted)

My other problem on my Dell laptop was the Nvidia driver causing 'BSOD' and 'lock' files.

A complete Un-install of Nvidia drivers and re-install solved this.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your assistance I now have Lightroom tuning again although it now comes up saying I am on a 9 day free trial. As I said I subscribe monthly and am now concerned it might close down at the end of the 9 day period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out and back in from CC/LR with the email used for the subscription.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll do that tonight, thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the original email when I initially signed up ?

If so that was probably on my previous email account which no longer exists

or can I do this another way ?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Verify that the account has your subscription listed.

If you email has changed, use the Account settings to modify your data.

Use the very same email you have specified as Adobe ID to login to CC/LR on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines