• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment layer and cache problem

Participant ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have an adjustment layer with my effect applied to it. When I turn off the layer underneath, it doesn't re-render, it just displays the old frame or fills the buffer with white. I need it to update and show the blank canvas. Is there a way to force a re-render if the buffer beneath the adjustment layer changes?

I'm making sure to fill all buffers before use with pf_fill, dispose of my worldH's and not write to the input buffer but the problem persists. Thanks.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

when you say it doesn't re-render, do you mean it renders the same result as before or do you mean it doesn't receive the render command at all?

Cheers,

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francois

It renders the same result as before (or just get's it from the cache). Almost like it didn't detect that there was a change after turning the bottom layer's visibility off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the render is triggered...

Does it rely on some layer parameters? In this case, make sure you check it out at the right current_time, time_scale and time_step.

Or does it rely on the params[0]->u.ld? In this case, I don't see why it would not update... You 'll have to tell us more about the effect 😉

Cheers,

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francois

I made a quick screencast of the problem to help explain.

I read in the SDK that PF_Cmd_SEQUENCE_RESETUP is sent when a project is loaded or when the layer to which it’s applied changes. Do you think this might be a possible solution? As turning the layer off should hopefully trigger that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screencast.

I don't think PF_Cmd_SEQUENCE_RESETUP is the way to go.

Cos' it's not the adjustment layer that changes, but the layer under it...

It must be a problem with your input.

You could check if params[0] have changed with PF_GetCurrentState and PF_AreStatesIdentical (both in ParamsUtils)

It means you'll have to store this state somewhere (most likely in SequenceData).

But it's strange, cos' if the render is triggered, it means AE does know that something changed...

Do you 'manually' cache data in your plugin?

Cheers,

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francois

I'll have a crack checking the states of the input. I converted the plugin to non-smart and it doesn't exhibit the bad behaviour. I don't think I'm manually caching data since I'm not even sure what that means hehe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By caching data, I mean storing data in sequence_data (most likely), and using this data later without re-checking.

But as you say, if you're not sure of what it means, you probably don't do it! 😉

If the plugin reacts differently with smart/non-smart behaviour, I would say it's the way you checkout the input in the smart process that causes the issue... May be the extent_hint? Does your plugin make use of it? You can check the Global outFlags to make sure...

But I'm totally dumb with Smart FX, so I hope anyone else can help better...

Cheers,

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart FX plugins don't make use of the extent hint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See, I am totally dumb with SmartFX! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines