2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 2:19 AM by JohnJamesAdams

Youtube videos not displaying on device

JohnJamesAdams

Hello,

I'm really after some help with a side project that I am working on at the moment as I am pulling my hair out. I'm trying to embed youtube videos directly into my mobile app as I don't want the actually APK file to be very large. But so far I have hit a couple of walls and struggling to get through them, I've got a whitelist installed so only certain domains are accessible from my app with youtube being one.

The video shows when I run the app in Visual Studio but once I install the APK file on my device it doesn't appear.

For example:

<div class="video">

<h3>Video Instructions</h3>

<video width="320" height="240" controls><source src="images/barn-dance.mp4" type="video/mp4" /></video>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jofNR_WkoCE"></iframe>

</div>

The first video line, enables myself to put a locally stored video in but with then forces me to have issues with the size of my app. The Iframe does not render at all on the app once I have installed it on my device. I have tried to install a plugin to help with the issue but with so many out there I am struggling to even find one that works. If anyone has some experience with something like this I would be very grateful!

Really what I'm trying to do is:

1.point to a video hosted on youtube and play it

2. give the user of the app the chance to view the video full screen

thank you