• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcut for Time Remapping FX Badge?

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gang,

So I already have Shift+R assigned to open the Speed/Duration dialog box, but is there a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to change the FX badge focus on a selected clip in the timeline? (motion, opacity, time remapping) I do a lot of keyframe time remapping, and right-clicking each clip gets old. Even changing the default to time remapping instead of opacity would be a win. The ultimate win, actually.

FXTimeRemapBadge.jpg

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is looking like it would be a good feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an intermediate workaround, you could use the Effect Controls panel to manipulate your keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just had the same question... I don't see the keyboard shortcut setting. I alternate between opacity and time remapping for show clip keyframes and right-clicking does indeed get old here. I'll file a feature request... but I recommend others do too so Adobe can see numbers of people requesting....

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my Wishform Feature Request text if anyone else wants to copy/paste to request the same thing easily without a of effort... just be sure to choose Premiere Pro/Feature Request etc.

Brief description: Allow keyboard shortcuts for Timeline Clip Right/Click Show Clip Keyframes.

How would you like the feature to work?

Allow keyboard shortcuts for Timeline Clip Right/Click Show Clip Keyframes. I'd like to set keyboard shortcuts to alternate between Show Clip Keyframes for Opacity and Time remapping as I used both a lot and right-clicking gets old and tiring. Others are looking for this too. See this forum thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2286959

Why is this feature important to you?

It should be obvious but it saves time and is ergonomically friendly for what has apparently become a people feature of the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use AutoHotKey to program a custom script to do this? Simply work out the the combinations of keys to get to the option you want or the mouse movements to change the values you need, and then bind that to a shortcut. Check out TaranVH, he does some good work on AutoHotKey. I would link you a video that I have created on AutoHotKey, but all it is is an introduction, not a comprehensive video on creating shortcuts. I'll make one soon.

Hope this helped,

Kind regards,

Caylem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have the same request! I really want Adobe to add the shortcuts to alternate between time remapping and opacity! It took us too much time to navigate between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines