• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I connect photos when my new PC has a D drive and the old one had a C drive?

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased a new Desktop, and loaded Lightroom v 5 onto it (oddly enough I was not asked to give the registration number), and uploaded  all my data from the old PC. On the old PC the data was stored on the "C" drive, but this new PC has a data drive labelled "D", and Lightroom states "The folder cannot be found", but will display all the phots along the bottom of the screen. The images in the centre of the screen are extremely blurred and I am unable to work on them in any way. It also shows all the relevant key words, and allows me to search by them, but the photos are very indistinct on screen.

How can I reassign the photographs so Lightroom recognises them `en masse` and allows me to work with them, as I don't really want to reassign around 5,000 photos individually.

Advice gratefully received

Thanks in advance

Stewart French

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

In the Folders panel of the Library.

If your folder tree does not look like it does using Windows Explorer, right-click on the folders and do "show parent"; repeat as needed.

Right-click on the top-most folder, select "find missing folder". Navigate to your D drive, click on the folder.

Lightroom will fix everything under that folder.

If you have multiple top-most folders, repeat as needed.

Lightroom knows the difference between missing images and images in missing folders. You need to fix the missin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Folders panel of the Library.

If your folder tree does not look like it does using Windows Explorer, right-click on the folders and do "show parent"; repeat as needed.

Right-click on the top-most folder, select "find missing folder". Navigate to your D drive, click on the folder.

Lightroom will fix everything under that folder.

If you have multiple top-most folders, repeat as needed.

Lightroom knows the difference between missing images and images in missing folders. You need to fix the missing folders first.

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines