Hi,

I'm a novice in Director 3D and in Lingo in general. I'm not trying to
      do anything too complicated. Am here to ask for help doing the
      following:
      I have created a 3D model in Max with various things that animate. The
      user can click on one model and it will animate, then another, and it
      will animate. This is easily done with the Play Animation 3D Action
      behavior. What I want is once you've clicked all of the models, another
      animation plays. So, how do I go about this?

My animation is just keyframed made in Max.

Thanks.

Stu.

• 1. click to play animation
          tyree_2 Level 2
          you can export just animations from max, uncheck everything except animation and export. you should use 3dpi to load the animations. you'll need to download and install 3dpi, this will help you do code faster
          • 2. Re: click to play animation
            Level 7
            tyree_2 wrote:

> you can export just animations from max, uncheck everything except animation and export. you should use 3dpi to load the animations. you'll need to download and install 3dpi, everybody uses it

Thanks for the advice. I have used 3DPI. I can export the animations fine. The above doesn't answer my question.

stu

• 3. Re: click to play animation
              Level 7
              I've managed to put a global variable into the Play Animation behavior to
              count the animations played. But, I'm really just counting the animations
              activated. I need a way to test if an animation has finished playing. How
              do I do that?

Thanks.

• 4. Re: click to play animation
                tyree_2 Level 2
                there is an animation started and animation ended command, but you can just turn loop off in the property manager of the 3d object. If you have 3dpi you shouldnt have a problem loading animations
                • 5. Re: click to play animation
                  Level 7
                  stu wrote:

> I've managed to put a global variable into the Play Animation behavior to
                  > count the animations played. But, I'm really just counting the animations
                  > activated. I need a way to test if an animation has finished playing. How
                  > do I do that?

Hi Stu,

When an animation starts playing the 'currentTime' property ticks over and
                  then goes back to 0 when the motion is complete. If you have recorded when
                  the animation starts, you just need to check when it's finished. You could
                  have something like the following (in a script after you know the animation
                  has been started):
                  if member("3DcastName").model("modelName").keyframePlayer.currentTime = 0
                  then go to "animComplete"

regards
                  Dean

Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast
                  http://www.deansdirectortutorials.com/
                  http://www.multimediacreative.com.au
                  email: d.utian@unsw.edu.au

• 6. click to play animation
                    tyree_2 Level 2
                    you can use the timeline to become familiar with adding motions as stated

if you turn loop off the animation will only play once and stop stretch the timeline out pass the point where the animation stops.

go to a point after the aimation has stopped and tell it member(whatever the member number is).model("model name").bonesplayer.queue("whatever the name of the animation is that you stopped") to use another motion other than the initial motion just load it before you play it