• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Robert Crawford

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I bought LR6 as an upgrade from LR4 in 2015.  Can I delete LR4 from my computer and retain full LR6 function?

2. How can I install LR6 using the upgrade on another computer?  I installed it by an Adobe download and I have the serial number for the upgrade. Where is the relevant download on the Adobe website?  Do I need to install LR4 first (I have it on disc)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Can I delete LR4

Yes you can un-install Lr4.  The program software is independent. Do NOT delete your catalogs (xxxxxx.LRCAT). The catalog contains ALL your data about your photos.

When you open a Lr4 catalog in Lr6 it will do a conversion update to the catalog (and leave a copy of the 'old' Lr4 catalog to archive)

How can I install LR6 using the upgrade on another computer? I installed it by an Adobe download....

If you have Lr6 installed- Just run it on the second computer- it will ask for the "Up

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I delete LR4

Yes you can un-install Lr4.  The program software is independent. Do NOT delete your catalogs (xxxxxx.LRCAT). The catalog contains ALL your data about your photos.

When you open a Lr4 catalog in Lr6 it will do a conversion update to the catalog (and leave a copy of the 'old' Lr4 catalog to archive)

How can I install LR6 using the upgrade on another computer? I installed it by an Adobe download....

If you have Lr6 installed- Just run it on the second computer- it will ask for the "Upgrade Serial Number" and then also ask for the "LR4 Serial Number". You need both Serial numbers.

You do not need to have Lr 4 installed. Only both Serial Numbers will be needed.

Download Lightroom- Buy Adobe Lightroom CC | Download digital photography software free trial

Convert to Standalone- How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Update to v6.9- See links in "How Do I Update?" -  https://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/whats-new-in-lightroom-cc-2015-9-6-9.30537/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your clear info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I now also see another (better?) link to Lr Downloads-  Download Photoshop Lightroom

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines