• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sudden Unexplained Change to LR CC Viewing Screen

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom CC 2015.8 on my MacBook Pro.

Lately, when working in LR-- my screen can suddenly change and all the "text" disappears. I don't know why this happens-- can't even predict when. Sometimes it happens when I have just gotten back to the Library module after being in the Develop module....sometimes when I come back to the Library after exporting.... sometimes when I move from one photo to the next photo. Though I don't know what triggers it, the result is that the background of LR goes to all black with no menu or tools visible.

The 2 sides and top/bottom margins containing: Navigator, Catalog, Folders, etc. on the left, Histogram, Keywording, Metadata, etc. on the right, Library, Develop, Map, etc. on top and Export, Sync etc on the bottom are all missing.

When I move the cursor over these margins of the screen-- nothing happens either.

There are carets on some of the sides, but engaging them only makes the photo on the screen larger or smaller.

I don't know how to get back to my normal screen. The only thing I can do is exit LR and restart the program.

I've attached screen shots to show what I mean.

The first is my normal screen... the second is the black nothing-else screen.

Please help-- so frustrating.

Thank you.

My typical screen--

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 6.45.16 PM.png

My black screen--

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 6.38.45 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Adobe confirms that the bug isn't fixed in CC 2015.9 / 6.9: Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Family Customer Commun… That post contains another workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Lr 'Bug' reportedly fixed with  v6.9   https://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/whats-new-in-lightroom-cc-2015-9-6-9.30537/

Then again- NOT fixed in v6.9 ?  https://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/lightroom-panels-disappearing.29877/

See Post #11 that may provide a temporary 'fix'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe confirms that the bug isn't fixed in CC 2015.9 / 6.9: Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fa... That post contains another workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you wobertcand johnrellis, - glad to know it's not me. Hope they fix the bug soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines