3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 9:25 PM by doublezd

Sudden Unexplained Change to LR CC Viewing Screen

doublezd Level 1

I have Lightroom CC 2015.8 on my MacBook Pro.

Lately, when working in LR-- my screen can suddenly change and all the "text" disappears. I don't know why this happens-- can't even predict when. Sometimes it happens when I have just gotten back to the Library module after being in the Develop module....sometimes when I come back to the Library after exporting.... sometimes when I move from one photo to the next photo. Though I don't know what triggers it, the result is that the background of LR goes to all black with no menu or tools visible.

The 2 sides and top/bottom margins containing: Navigator, Catalog, Folders, etc. on the left, Histogram, Keywording, Metadata, etc. on the right, Library, Develop, Map, etc. on top and Export, Sync etc on the bottom are all missing.

When I move the cursor over these margins of the screen-- nothing happens either.

There are carets on some of the sides, but engaging them only makes the photo on the screen larger or smaller.

I don't know how to get back to my normal screen. The only thing I can do is exit LR and restart the program.

I've attached screen shots to show what I mean.

The first is my normal screen... the second is the black nothing-else screen.

Please help-- so frustrating.

Thank you.

My typical screen--

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 6.45.16 PM.png

My black screen--

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 6.38.45 PM.png