I think it is because of the language you have selected for the OS, Swedish. If you set the OS to be English then LR can be in English.
No, this is not the case, the OS language is not Sewdish.
Thanks, but NO, this suggestion was the first I tried, it I does not functjon.
Kind regards Erik
Just to double-check, did you restart LR after changing the language in Preferences?
Yes I did, I tried several times.
If you change another setting this setting in Preferences > General:
"Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos" / "Ha JPEG-filer intill Raw-filer som separato foton"
does the change stick after restarting LR? If the change doesn't stick, that indicates an issue with storing preferences in your installation. Which version of Mac or Windows?
When I changed from Swedish to English language under Preferences, the change was not saved - when opening Preferences again Swedish was still the language,
But, when I at the same time opened Catalog settings - making no changes - but clikking the OK button, the language change was stored and took effect next time I opened the program.
Suggestion: Have an OK button on the general page under Preferences to save/make sure settings take effect?
(I also clikket the "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos" / "Ha JPEG-filer intill Raw-filer som separato foton".)
I think there's some problem that's specific to your Lightroom installation. Normally, after you change the language in the dropdown, all you need to do is restart LR. You don't even need to close the Preferences dialog.
I don't recall seeing similar reports in the last many years -- I think yours is the first.
This solved the same problem for me.
(W7) Lightroom version: CC 2015.12
- In Lightroom set the language to English (Suppose you have already even though LR is still in Swedish)
- Go to Control panel
- ‘click’ Clock, Language, and Region
- ‘click’ Region and Language
- A separate window should pop up and there should be 4 tabs, ‘click’ the ‘administrative’ tab
- The second section should be about Language for non-Unicode programs
- ‘click’ ‘Change system locale…’
- Change the Current system locale: English (United States)
- Restart the computer
- LR should now display menus etc. in English
Hope it works for you also