5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 12:20 PM by paigec76182063

Jagged "Etch-a-Sketch" Lines in Photoshop CS6 on Mac?

paigec76182063

Hi all,

Recently my photoshop went from having smooth clean lines to having these bizarre, jagged "etch-a-sketch" lines whenever I do a brush stroke.

I am running Photoshop CS6 13.0.6 x64 on a 2013 15" Macbook Pro and using a brand new (as of today) Wacom Intuos Pro medium tablet.

I tried uninstalling multiple versions of the Wacom tablet drivers for a 2013 intuos pro that I've had, bought the NEW Wacom intuos pro tablet, installed that and still got the same lines, installed an older "legacy" version of the driver and still got the weird lines. Then I uninstalled Photoshop itself since it's been having a few scattered bugs that may have crossed over from an older macbook pro, downloaded and installed a "clean" version from Adobe and I STILL get these jagged lines! For a bit I was testing out using an iPad pro with Astropad to see if I could phase out my graphics tablet (nope, not yet) but I have been switching back and forth between the wacom tablet and the iPad without issue for months until this week.

You can see the difference below. I am working on a 20 x 25" 300dpi canvas compared to something I did in January (the pink/purple/blue in the background)! I have my brush smoothing turned down to 10% so it is quite smooth but doesn't chew up my RAM. In the white canvas, the lines to the right were drawn quickly and the lines to the left were drawn slowly as it appears to only show up during slow strokes.

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 2.15.52 AM.png

Here is a close up:

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 2.23.23 AM.png

It is extremely embarrassing to be in the middle of a very important job and having to submit work with this kind of line quality.

Any help? Thanks!!!