• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Editor Graph area size.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to adjust the size of the motion editor graph area? I've somehow managed to decrease the size to a point where it isn't really useable and I can't work out how to fix it!

As you can see, it's minimised to a point where I have to scroll through the options on the left to be able to change what I'm working on, and to make changes on the graph I either zoom in and can only see one point or work inaccurately like this.

Is there a way to restore it to default size?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

I was able to reproduce what you're seeing, too, by expanding the Timeline to the size of my screen and adding layers until it was filled completely. When I collapse then expand the graph, it won't go back to the original size. When I put layers in a folder like Colin suggested and then try collapsing and expanding the graph, it does go back to regular size for me. Does that work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can reset or change your workspace (window>workspace).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. It's the same regardless of the workspace I use and resetting them doesn't seem to make a difference. I've opened other files I've been working on and none of them have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hover your cursor between where the Timeline is docked and the Stage, the cursor will change where it has an arrow at both ends. When the cursor looks like that, you can drag the Timeline up to expand it, and the graph will also expand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That allowed me to increase the size of the timeline window, but even If I make it the size of the entire screen, the size of the motion editor doesn't change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you trying to increase the size of the timeline frames?  if so click the hamburger menu at the upper right of the timeline panel.

Screenshot - 3_8_2017 , 7_03_08 AM.png

or drag down at the red arrow to change from this:

Screenshot - 3_8_2017 , 7_08_33 AM.png

to this:

Screenshot - 3_8_2017 , 7_08_53 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I want to do! However, when I hover over the same point that you are dragging from, I can only make it smaller. It's like the maximum height has reset to a tiny value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get into the same situation you saw. Double clicking the motion to collapse it, and double click to expand it again, fixed the problem.

The height of motion editor seems to be from the bottom of the lowest visible layer to the bottom of the window set, and it is possible to add lots of layers to the point that the height never gets to be very high. At some point while doing that it got confused into looking like you showed it.

Using folders more, or having less layers, could reduce the number of times you might run into it, but hopefully the collapse expand thing will work for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried as you've suggested and again I've had no luck, it still won't expand beyond that tiny window size.

I'm tempted to pull everything into another file that I know is working to see if I can just bypass the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce what you're seeing, too, by expanding the Timeline to the size of my screen and adding layers until it was filled completely. When I collapse then expand the graph, it won't go back to the original size. When I put layers in a folder like Colin suggested and then try collapsing and expanding the graph, it does go back to regular size for me. Does that work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You and Colin are my heroes! So I had one layer that wasn't in a folder that I was using for timing. I followed the steps you and Colin suggested and it worked perfectly and has restored the graph to the regular size.

I really appreciate all the help, this was starting to drive me crazy!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines