The issue occurs when using the toolbar option to convert emails to PDF. It does work if you actually print to PDF maker, but of course this creates an individual PDF for each email. Not a big deal if you're only converting one, but users tend to use this feature to archive many emails at once.
I have compared emails that work to ones that don't and I don't see anything out of the ordinary, formatting, attachments, odd signatures etc.
We are using Lotus Notes 8.5.3
I have reinstalled the PDF Maker driver and tried pretty much every printer setting it has to offer to no avail.
I've searched around, but the only threads I find related to this end without an actual solution to the issue.