3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 1:28 PM by Szalam

Rejected because of noise?

sharonk54371627 Level 1

Can anyone explain why this was rejected because of noise? Thank you ahead of time!

HikeNoiseReduction3400.jpg

• 1. Re: Rejected because of noise?
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say it was rejected due to overly aggressive noise removal. When viewed at full resolution and 100% zoom, everything in that image looks very smeared. I mean, look at this part. It almost looks like an artistic/oil paint filter has been applied:

smeary.jpg

There's no detail.

And the edges that do remain look over-sharpened. See this for an example:

oversharpening.jpg

Note that highlight on the outside/dark line on the inside? Very over-sharpened.

Also, look at the top of the image, you've got a good chunk of it repeated at the top.

repeat.jpg

I don't know how that happened, but it's odd.

On top of all of that, it's not a very compelling image. Perhaps reframing it so that we don't see the path underneath the cameraman's feet and the people are in the lower left cross-mark (using the rule of thirds) would have been a better photo to take. Next time, consider photo composition when you're taking photos and not just trying to capture a moment. What I mean is, this is fine if you want to say, "Look where I've been" on Facebook, but it's not very useful in a stock library.

Does that help?

• 2. Re: Rejected because of noise?
            sharonk54371627 Level 1

It helps very much. Thank you!

• 3. Re: Rejected because of noise?
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're welcome!