2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 11:20 AM by johnt8619707

    Robosource Control Issues

    johnt8619707

      We have 2 users that update 2 major projects in Robohelp. They are both using Robohelp 2015 (latest update) and running it through robosource 3.1 on Windows 7 64 bit laptops. The version control server is Windows Server 2012.

       

      Up until 3 weeks ago both users were able to update both projects without issue. I'm not sure if one of them did something but now neither can see each other's changes. Also, Robohelp will not check files back in even though it's prompting to do so (have to manually check them in via robosource).

       

      I've uninstalled and reinstalled all applications on each machine. I've also recreated both databases and established new connections to them via robosource. The middle tier service is also running the latest version.

       

      After recreating connections and databases, I was able to successfully make a change on my laptop and see it on one of the user's machines. I made a change on their machine and was able to see it one mine. Thought we were good until I recreated the connection on the other user's laptop and could not see the changes.

       

      I've had Adobe support connected to both machines but it seems as though they are not trained in Robohelp and Robosource so they have been no help at all.

       

      I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've put in over 30 hours of troubleshooting and keep coming back to the same starting point. Has anyone had this issue?

        • 1. Re: Robosource Control Issues
          johndaigle Level 4

          Hi, John

          Sorry you're having trouble. You may have already done this, but here's a thought. Because one of your colleague's laptops did "sync" with your machine and then did not, I would first check any network permissions issues that might have crept in when you recreated the connections.

           

          Meanwhile, please click on my profile name where you will find my email address. Send an email with any additional comments and your email address. I'll pass this along to Adobe engineering for their thoughts.

          Thanks
          John

          John Daigle

          Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

          Evergreen, Colorado

          www.showmethedemo.com

          • 2. Re: Robosource Control Issues
            johnt8619707 Level 1

            Thanks, John. I had initially suspected a network issues as this seemed to pop up after a switch upgrade. However, I realized they mostly work off of WiFi and that wasn't changed.

             

            I think I managed to finally get Robosource uninstalled properly (using Revo uninstaller) because this time after the re-install, the existing database connections were no longer there. I recreated them and downloaded the project again. Both seem to be at least opening and closing normally. They're just testing some changes now to see if it's actually working or not.

             

            I will certainly email you directly if they find further issues