• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you resize the composition, or artboard?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im trying to put together a quick comp for a webpage but I want to go past the fold. Meaning I want to make my artboard taller/longer to show what you see when you scroll through the whole page. I cant figure out where or how to change the size of the art board as I work. Do I have to change it manually in the format menu?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Hi Robin,

Unfortunately it's not possible to add length to Comp artboards... You can change the format once you've started working (in an open artboard tap the Gear icon, then from the menu that opens Format), but the maximum document height is still only 2500pts.

I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robin,

Unfortunately it's not possible to add length to Comp artboards... You can change the format once you've started working (in an open artboard tap the Gear icon, then from the menu that opens Format), but the maximum document height is still only 2500pts.

I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robin,

This is more than two years later but maybe someone else will find this useful

Click, in the Layers box, on the art board you want to make taller. Then click to open the Properties box - it will display the size of your art board and some other options. Change the numeric values to suit your needs, press enter et voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to do this... where is the "Layers" box?

Closest thing I can seem to find is sort of a layers thing that pops up if I click an object, but not an artboard.

Interestingly...

Add height to comps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Ah what I meant was that in your Layers panel - where you see all the layers on your artboard, in there you will see that right at the top, the name of the art board / Artboard 1 appears - when you click on "Artboard 1" so that whole artboard is selected - and then open the Properties panel, the width and height of the art board will be displayed and you can change it there.

Another option unlocked!

You can also select the Artboard Tool - it's grouped with the Move Tool (V) - when this is selected you get resizing tools on the actual artboard and you can just drag those to make the artboard bigger or smaller wooo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open Layers Panel: F7 key or go Window --> Layers

To open Properties Panel: Window --> Properties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah - ok, sorry - I was referring to the iPad / mobile version.

Didn't even know there was a desktop version, but I guess at this point I'd use XD anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines