4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 7:15 AM by ~graffiti

Adobe Contribute End of Life

RobinG Level 1

While we know that you are discontinuing sale of Contribute we want to know what the end date for support is. Also, which of your products is a good replacement for Contribute?

• 1. Re: Adobe Contribute End of Life
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Although it's true that they no longer sell it (supposedly sales ended Feb. 1) it's hard to say how long they will support it. They aren't saying as far as I can find but normally it's not long after they quit selling a product before support ends.

As far as a replacement, they may or may not have one that suits your particular needs. There are two products that come to mind. One is Adobe Muse (which I would consider a product more for small, personal websites) and Adobe Business Catalyst (Adobe hosts your website on that one).

Of course, there is always Adobe Dreamweaver which requires a higher skill-set than Contribute but it works well with sites that have depended on Contribute in the past.

Do you actually need a content management system or are you the only one that works on the site?

• 2. Re: Adobe Contribute End of Life

By the way, in my mind, support for Contribute ended a long time ago. The phone line or chat will only give you someone that reads from a script and generally you leave more confused than when you started.

• 3. Re: Adobe Contribute End of Life
              RobinG Level 1

Thank you for the information!

• 4. Re: Adobe Contribute End of Life

You're welcome. We are still using Contribute for the moment but are rebuilding the site to use a different CMS. We figured it would be the appropriate thing to do before an OS update or something else takes out Contribute.