3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 6:10 AM by A.I.1

images placed in 3D space don't stick ground texture

A.I.1 Level 3

I have quite a lot of images of trees placed over a ground image of grass (grass image is scaled up 1500% in X and 3700% in Y). There's a 3D camera move (mostly pan to the right (there is a pull-back from one tree before it but that's only an issue towards the end of the pull-back (move back in Z) where you see the grass) to show the trees. The issue is (well apart from the grass not looking that good) is that the tree images don't stay in the same spot on the grass below them during the camera move - the trees slide about so they are over the top of a different bit of the grass as the camera moves. There's no motion set up in either the grass or the trees, so can anything be done to make them not appear to slide over different bits of grass?

I'm using AE CS5.5 on Windows 10.

• 1. Re: images placed in 3D space don't stick ground texture
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Sounds like the trees aren't actually on top of the grass, but hovering somewhere above them. Have you actualyl checked the numeric values and the placement in teh alternate 3D views?

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: images placed in 3D space don't stick ground texture
            A.I.1 Level 3

Yes, you are right, thanks. I clicked at the "Right" view and there is a gap between the trees and the ground. I'll fix it and see if that sorts it.

• 3. Re: images placed in 3D space don't stick ground texture
              A.I.1 Level 3

Thanks. That's much better than before now. It seems right enough. The origin of the tree images are in the centre of them so I adjusted it visually in the "Right" view. I zoomed in as far as it would go and placed the ground, as far as I can see, very slightly above the tree position. And actually I've just checked the tree image and there is a small blank area below the tree image itself which might cause a slight issue too. I could edit the image to take out the slight gap, but the video is good enough for what I want (and I'm in a rush for it today). So your method worked thanks and I'm sure I could fine tune the images to get it looking even more accurate, thanks.