3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2017 2:33 AM by Günter Heißenbüttel

Muse on tutorial appears different from the Muse I am using

davidr77350562

Hello,

I have been trying to following the Muse tutorials.  I am a beginner.  However, the Muse that I am using (very recent) does not appear totally the same as the Muse on the tutorials.  How up-to- date are the tutorials?  I am trying the Katies Cafe one.

Ruth

• 1. Re: Muse on tutorial appears different from the Muse I am using
          Günter Heißenbüttel Adobe Community Professional

Muse development advances. Therefore there may be different things, which are not the same as described or shown in the tutorials. If you tell us your problem, we’ll try to help you.

• 2. Re: Muse on tutorial appears different from the Muse I am using
            davidr77350562 Level 1

Gunter,

Thanks for your reply

When I follow the Katies café tutorial,

1.     The first problem I have is on the tutorial part 2 – Define your sitemap

*     It asks me to – Go to ‘File, New Site’  Then you are asked to define the initial layout, as Desktop, phone or tablet.

*     I don’t seem to have had those options on my new version of Muse.

2.     In Tutorial part 3 -  Build  Your Master Page, you put in a big brown box for the footer and it shows you a box at the top right hand side which you can click on to make this box expand to the full width of the browser.  I can’t find this.

I am concerned with make the website fully responsive to being used on PC, tablet or mobile.  However, the video’s options seemed to be different to those I found on Muse.  Am I just missing them?

Ruth

Ruth Vivian

Administrator

Cordyline Aspire Limited

Consulting Civil and Structural Engineers

T: 01926 732407

T: 0203 7930274

E:  <mailto:mail@cordylineaspire.co.uk> mail@cordylineaspire.co.uk

W:  <http://www.cordylineaspire.co.uk/> www.cordylineaspire.co.uk

The information transmitted in this email and any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is

addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender

and delete the material from any computer.  Any re-use, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of this information

by persons other than those it is intended for is not permitted.

• 3. Re: Muse on tutorial appears different from the Muse I am using
              Günter Heißenbüttel Adobe Community Professional

The "Katie’s Café" tutorial is quite old and was made at a time, when Muse wan’t able to build fluid responsive sites. Therefore the use of the application has changed a lot.

Your questions:

1. "File/New Site": This dialog has changed due to the responsive capabilities of Muse. Now you don’t need 3 different layouts any more, because Muse supports fluid layout with breakpoints. If you want to mimic the behaviour of "ancient" Muse, shown in the tutorial, do the following:

• In the "New Site"dialog choose "Fixed Width" and press "OK".

• Then, go to menu "Page/Add Alternate layout" and you may add the layouts for tablet and phone. You can switch between them using the respective buttons in "Plan Mode".

2. The "Expand" box, which you can’t find: This also has necessarily been changed with the introduction of fluid design into Muse. The simple "Stretch to browser width" button has been replaced by a much more powerful "Resize" button, which you now can use to achieve, what you want:

Screen.jpg

Since there where tons of changes from "old" Muse to responsive Muse, I would suggest, to have a look at these tutorials first, and then – if necessary – come back to "Katie’s Café": https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/tutorials.html