• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reformatting using available fonts

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting "Document XX.fm uses unavailable fonts. To reformat the document using available fonts, click OK." How do I reformat using available fonts? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening the doc will perform the substitution automatically.

Depending on your settings preferences, the font substitution will be permanent (or not) the next time you save the file

preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Whenever I try to save my book to a PDF, it says that one of the sections has unavailable fonts. I tried opening that section and clicking OK to reformat the document using available fonts. I then save the file, and try to save as PDF again. I keep getting the same error message. Also, I checked the fonts used in that section, and all of them are installed. So I don't know why I keep getting the unavailable fonts message. Can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your placed images, your master, your reference pages.

If nothing stands out, save as MIF, open in NotePad or other text editor, and search the resulting text file for the font name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried saving as a mif, but I still didn't see any unusual fonts. I have opened and saved each section multiple times, each time saying to reformat the document with available fonts. I still can't save a PDF. Is there any way to override the settings, so that the document saves to PDF even if the fonts are unavailable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You maybe can get an idea of what font FM is having an issue with by looking at the console - is it telling you anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is giving a list of fonts that are unavailable and the substitutions it is using. The problem is I don't see those unavailable fonts used anywhere in my document. They aren't part of my paragraph tags or character tags. Is there a way to search for a font in a document?

Here's what my console looks like:FrameMakerConsole.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Matt says, they could be hiding in your images, your reference pages or your master pages. If it's making the substitution, save the offending doc as a MIF file and open it up in Notepad to search for the subbed in font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, and the unavailable fonts aren't in the text file. I was hoping there was some sort of workaround that would allow me to get a PDF even if some fonts are listed as unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one like "Zapfdingbats" won't be there, but you should see "AdobePiStd" instead. Are you not seeing the subbed font name either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the problem that you can't produce a PDF? The fonts shouldn't be preventing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines