• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4K monitor - is there a way to increase the font size of toolbar items

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a 4K monitor and have noticed that the InDesign toolbar text is very small due to the extreme resolution of the monitor. For example, if I select a text frame and want to use the X,Y, height, width fields in the toolbar to make adjustments, the text in those fields is so small it's difficult to read. Does anyone know of a way to adjust the toolbar font sizes? I hate the idea of using the monitor at a lower resolution.

Thanks,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CC 2017 (latest version). Windows 10 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the scaling options? You may want to wait just a little bit for the next update for Windows.

I don’t have it on my desktop yet but I hear the improvements are noticeable for HiDPI displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I'll keep an eye out for the next update. With regards to scaling. Is that something you find via "Display properties" or in the system settings somewhere? Thanks for taking the time to help with my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the O/S scaling to 125 or 150 and then set the UI scaling in ID to lower supporter scale factor. You may have to experiment to find something appropriate.

The Windows 10 Creators Update should be out in a matter of weeks. Hopefully that addresses some of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that no update to Windows is going to fix this problem... because it's an Adobe UI problem at its core. I have a 5K iMac and I can't use the 5K resolution because of this same issue. Adobe's UI is just too tiny in some areas (the entire toolbar being one of them). The adjustments they made in the last ID update (adding space between input areas, slightly larger tabs and buttons, etc.) does nothing to help.

I don't know if Windows offers a Zoom View option like the Mac (I'm sure it does), but that's a quick work-around for those with high-resolution displays.

On the Mac, you can visit The System Preferences/Accessibility panel and click the Zoom option to turn it on and set your keyboard shortcuts. I have mine set zoom when I hold the Control key down while using the scroll wheel to zoom the entire screen in and out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue with a new Dell XPS15 laptop and using CS6.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix the tiny toolbar arrangement with this setup at all? thanks Fiona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjusting font size for a high DPI display https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2171036 see reply #2

-and https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2263440

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS6 was not optimized for HiDPI displays. It has reached end of life. Beyond playing with the operating system display settings there's nothing you can do except upgrade to CC or learn to live with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines