• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Memory Error (Unable to allocate blah,blah,blah of memory )when using Liquify Tool

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU GUYS.

After Effects Keeps Crashing with memory errors when using the Liquify tool. I'm seeing this complaint from a lot of people in the forums with NO WORKABLE SOLUTION that I have found after spending ALL DAY trying to work this out.

This is the error, though the amount of memory differs from crash to crash. In MOST CASES the amount of memory is 0.002MB.

Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 1.57.04 PM.png

Some of the things I've tried is creating low resolution proxies, everything on the very lowest resolution possible where I'm dealing with being able to see the detail of nothing I'm trying to do, dedicating more RAM to AE, dedicating LESS RAM to AE, clearing caches, not clearing caches, restarting, on and on.

This is my system...

Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 2.04.06 PM.png

This is the latest version of AE...

Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 2.08.18 PM.png

Does anyone know how to fix this? My project is dead in the water.

Thanks!Chick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what does the layer actually look like? Have you tried the usual solution/ workaround of pre-composing before applying the effect?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it same problem with all projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Chick,

Very sorry for this issue. There is a strong possibility that we will have fix in place here for the upcoming release. If you have time, please file a bug here. We'd like to nail down any issues around this bug and your report would help us immensely.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines