• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC minus Photoshop?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an amateur using Photoshop Elements and Lightroom.   I use PSE rather than PS because of the complexity of PS.  I have no reason to buy a subscription package that contains  both PS & LR. I am aware of LR 6 stand-alone.  Does Adobe have any plans to offer monthly LR subscription without PS?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subscription for both is extremely reasonable at only $9.99 a month. You can subscribe and only use Lightroom if that is all you want. I can't see Adobe offering an even lower price for just Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Theresa.  You're right.  $9.99 mo. isn't a lot of money by itself.  But that's far from my only subscription.  I prefer to allocate my funds on what I want; not what Adobe tells me I should want.  It's the same debate that goes on with cable companies offering bundled packages of stations that some viewers never watch. 

If Adobe ever offers Lightroom without Photoshop for say, $5 - 6 month, I'd subscribe in an instant.  If Adobe offered the subscription package of Lightroom & Photoshop Elements for $9.95 month, I'd pay for it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are countless tutorials demonstrating how to use Photoshop. Photoshop isn't really that complex. All you need to do is devote a little time to learning how to use it. It's nice to have the Photoshop available for when it is really needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect Jim, Photoshop isn't that complex perhaps for you, but it's not only more complex for most people, but it's also overkill.  Why do you think PSE is such a big seller?  Why pay for a product I would have more trouble using and wouldn't give me the enjoyment that PSE does?  Again, the key word here is CHOICE vs. forced bundling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With all due respect, you are assuming that you would have more difficulty using it. Really, basic Photoshop is just as simple as basic Photoshop Elements. And, again with all due respect, Photoshop Elements is such a big seller because it is purchased as a standalone program. And so many people are utterly terrified of the Adobe creative cloud because they have so many misconceptions about what it is and how it works. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to convince you to learn Photoshop. If you don't want to do it it's easy to turn a blind eye and assume you can't learn it. And if you are satisfied with Photoshop Elements then there probably isn't much reason for you to switch. I only made my comment initially to reassure you that you could probably find some good uses for Photoshop. But that is your choice. You can also specify Photoshop Elements as a secondary editor choice from Lightroom. So you have both programs available to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines