• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What (I think) I would like ...

Participant ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a "pro" anything but I have a nice job so I can by nice toys including Adobe CC.  So, that might put me in a narrow category of users.

I've done still photography since childhood but now the new cameras can do video and I want to play and poke and probe.  I'm not just new to Prelude but I'm fairly new to video.  I've dorked around with Pr on a few projects and Ae mostly just to see.

But...

What I think I want is "Lightroom for Video".  Let me elaborate:

Last weekend, I went to a music festival.  I have a digital audio recorder and my cameras and I came back with 500G of data -- audio, video, and stills.

I plan to play with all this data over the next several weekends, color grade it, set in and out points.  Perhaps add some special effect here or there.  And eventually I will end up with one or more videos but, to my way of thinking, I have so much more than that.  It seems like I would like to be able to keep a global database of these clips and the various insults I've done to them.

With Lr, I can do that.  I can create snap shots and virtual copies and make it so that all of the various renditions of the same photo end up "stacked" or within the same folder.  I can heavily use keywords and metadata to sort and search.  Create collections, etc.  There are just a lot of ways I can keep track of my photos in one global place so I can find and re-find the photographs in all of their various forms (edits) very quickly.

I'm looking for a product with those features but more for videos than Lr currently provides.

I guess... what I'm getting at, is I don't go out, take a bunch of video and audio and create 'a project'.  That's not how I'm viewing life.  I'm viewing it as adding batches of clips as well as any edits to them to my repertoire that I might want to leverage later.  I see tutorials where its easy to import an asset from one Pr project into another project but that isn't what I want because I have to remember the existence of the clip and then remember which project it is in.  With Lr and still photos, they are all in one place with all the variants "close by" with multitudes of ways to search and find them.

I gather that Prelude is not really "Lightroom for Video" but I'm going to play with it and see.  I'm posting this for two reasons: 1) are there others out there that would like something that I have described?  If so, Adobe might like to know about us.  2) Perhaps there are methods to already to do what I'm describing.  If so, I'd love to hear about them.

Thank you for your time,

Perry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I agree, a Lightroom for video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources