• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single long page (convert a multi-spread document to single long webpage)

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 400 page spread in indesign. I would like to convert that content to a single long page, which I will export as a webpage. When I just attempt to export the spreads as a webpage the anchored graphics appear where they are anchored and not necessarily where I have positioned them in the document. Note, this is a two column document presently, and I understand that when I create the webpage that it will be a one column document. Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Adobe has two different solutions for creating web pages—Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe Muse. Both are included in the Creative Cloud subscription. In general, Dreamweaver is a code-based solution but which has a pretty steep learning curve. Muse in easier to learn, but I have no idea if it's capable of that size of project. I'd ask in the Dreamweaver or Muse forums:

Dreamweaver

Adobe Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign doesn't create webpages. InDesign's HTML export is very limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you. If I wanted to pursue this anyway, what recommendations might you have (indesign and otherwise)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has two different solutions for creating web pages—Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe Muse. Both are included in the Creative Cloud subscription. In general, Dreamweaver is a code-based solution but which has a pretty steep learning curve. Muse in easier to learn, but I have no idea if it's capable of that size of project. I'd ask in the Dreamweaver or Muse forums:

Dreamweaver

Adobe Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another approach is to export it as a PDF and place it on a website so that users can download it to their device. In any case it would be worth repurposing it as a single column document so that it can be read more easily on smaller devices.

By the way, if you know InDesign you'd find Muse very easy to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines