• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign opens has a header and library menu but doesn't show the workspace

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Indesign cc 2017 the icon bounces in the dock and then the header appears along with the pages menu and the buttons library. I can use the top menu to create a document and it asks me what size and whether it is for print or online, I make my choices, press "ok", and nothing happens. If I try to open an existing document it tells me that there are missing links (not unexpected) and then nothing. I work weekends to catch up and there is no support on the weekends. This is SOOOOOO frustrating. I am forced to use the cloud (the old desktop versions were more stable) and when it doesn't work properly and there is no support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

The Adobe clean tool didn't work so I enabled show hidden files and manually deleted all adobe related files from the system folders. I ran disk utility to make sure file permission and such were fixed then reinstalled Indesign. It worked and I was able to use Indesign but I was still getting error messages. The Adobe install team, which is working on the weekends, was able to go into my system and get rid of the error messages and reconnect it to my account by shutting down all background syste

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try restoring your preferences. You can read about that in this article:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thank you. I tweeted out my frustration and Adobe stepped up. We were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarah, how was it resolved, may I ask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe clean tool didn't work so I enabled show hidden files and manually deleted all adobe related files from the system folders. I ran disk utility to make sure file permission and such were fixed then reinstalled Indesign. It worked and I was able to use Indesign but I was still getting error messages. The Adobe install team, which is working on the weekends, was able to go into my system and get rid of the error messages and reconnect it to my account by shutting down all background systems used by adobe and then deleting the preferences in the system folder. Thanks for following up on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm so glad you are up and running, Sarah!

Be sure to close off both this thread and your other thread since your issue is resolved—others with problems come back and look for answers, so thank you for telling us specifically what helped you.

Re: Why is there no tech support on Saturday?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines