4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2017 6:17 AM by cmgap

from photoshop back to lightroom?

wanna bee

Hi.  If someone has the answer to my problem, I would be so appreciative.  All along, I "command e" from lightroom to photoshop and then "save" in photoshop when I am finished and my image saves back into lightroom in a TIFF file... until yesterday.  I don't know where the saved file from photoshop goes but it does not go back into LR.  This is a major interruption to my workflow and quite frustrating.  Any help for a desperate photog??? Please

• 1. Re: from photoshop back to lightroom?
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Are you in a collection when you are sending images to PS? Images aren't auto placed in a collection when going back into LR when saved in PS.

• 2. Re: from photoshop back to lightroom?
            cmgap Adobe Community Professional

If you return to Lightroom and do not see the .tif it will likely be as JSM has suggested. If you have exported to Photoshop from within a collection you will need to synchronize the original file folder to have the edited file added to that folder. From within your collection, right click to 'Go to folder in Library', select that folder in the left column, right click and Synchronize. It will be added to the folder. You may want to add it to your collection at that point.

• 3. Re: from photoshop back to lightroom?
              Theresa J Adobe Community Professional

If you start from a collection, the saved tiff will get saved back into the same collection. This is my preferred workflow, because it is easy to find the tiff in LR when I return. This even works if you save the file as a PSD to some other location of your drive, and give it a new name. It didn't always work this way, but thankfully that got fixed.

• 4. Re: from photoshop back to lightroom?
                cmgap Adobe Community Professional

"I don't know where the saved file from photoshop goes but it does not go back into LR.  This is a major interruption to my workflow and quite frustrating."

When you select an image to 'Edit in Photoshop' (CMD E) then save and return to Lightroom, the edited file is being saved to the original folder that the image is in in  your catalog. It should also show up in your collection. If you don't see it when you go back to Lightroom, check to see what your 'Sort' is on and change it to 'added order' or 'capture time'.

1 person found this helpful