• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back up old presets on new computer?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new laptop today, and signed in with my lightroom account info...but all of my presets that I made and bought are missing, like I'm starting over from scratch...how do I get them to transfer onto my new laptop?? I assumed they would go wherever I logged into?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trick is to make sure you transferred all the needed files from the old computer to the new computer.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per post 1. above- ManiacJoe.

Understand that presets are like simple 'text' files that have the file-type suffix {.LRTEMPLATE}

They can be copied and pasted into any computer running LIghtroom- in the appropriate folder.

(Find the Presets folder by opening: Lr  Preferences>Presets Tab [Show Lightroom Presets Folder] )

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so just copy the file onto a usb then open lightroom on the new computer and plug the USB in to the new computer and drag and drop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the following article which covers the complete process of moving Lightroom to a new computer. It should help.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also some good information in this link-

Mastering Lightroom: How to Manage Presets

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines