2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2017 3:17 AM by davescm

Problem With Download of Photoshop CC (2017)

dionski_photos

Hey guys recently just bought Photoshop and there is a problem every time I open it up, it comes up with a box saying "Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." the only options afterwards to click on is the "X" or Close Program.

I also have light room and Illustrator and they both work perfectly fine so I don't understand why Photoshop isn't

Now I've had the trial version before so I know Photoshop works on my computer, I have attempted uninstalling and re-installing, I've tried restarting my computer. I have even waited two days to see if it resolves it self, but still hasn't if someone could help ASAP that would be great as I need it for University, and as I'm doing distance education I cant just ask my lecturer.

• 1. Re: Problem With Download of Photoshop CC (2017)
          Nazanin Level 1

Hello please go to write event viewer in search program and files box after the window open click on CUSTOM VIEWS then click on administrative Events and see what happen with your photoshop you will see detail of your error there But as a suggest before delete anything from your pc have a chat with adobe Contact Customer Care and let them do that for you ok ? it is more safe for you pc

Have a nice day

• 2. Re: Problem With Download of Photoshop CC (2017)
            davescm Adobe Community Professional

Hi.

You do not say what operating system you are using. If Windows 10 try the following:

Go to the Windows reliability monitor, (type "reliability" into the windows search box).

Look for a red cross at the time of the issue and click on it.

In the list of critical events look for Photoshop and click on it.

That will give you a report for the issue.

Paste it here so that someone can try and help you.

Note : If it mentions Lavasoft - then uninstall Web-Companion / Adaware which is known to cause issues.

Dave