• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture Date Automatically Changes when Flagging or Labelling a Photo

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, can you tell me if it is usual behaviour for the Capture Date to automatically change when flagging or labelling a Photo. I have an extensive catalog of over 72,000 photos and have been sorting through into collections but then came across a whole batch where the capture date had changed. Luckily they reside in folders named by their original creation date so have that to reference too but it has happened to hundreds of photos on a couple of certain dates assuming thats when I must have actioned something for those to change. However, when renaming each photo I noticed that when I flag or label the photo the Capture Date changes to the exact time I made the change. I don't believe this should be happening and so wondering if there is some setting that is doing this.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

N.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

My suspicions are that the Capture Date being displayed in the expanded cell info is incorrect and is displaying maybe the modified date or something?

Very likely you've tripped over a long-standing bug: Lightroom: Still inconsistent capture date/time for photos and videos | Photoshop Family Customer Community . When photos are missing the capture date in their metadata (or when LR doesn't know how to read it, e.g. from videos), LR behaves inconsistently, with the symptoms you've observed.  Are t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you viewing the date/time? In LR or your File manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am viewing this within LR. I have the Capture Date displayed as one of the Grid View Expanded Cells Info and it is this that is changing. However, I noticed on one particular photo that the date displayed was different to the same Capture Data displayed in under the Metadata panels on the right. I then also created a Smart Collection with the Capture Date displayed in the expanded cell info as many of them had the same but no photos were found with that date. So my suspicions are that the Capture Date being displayed in the expanded cell info is incorrect and is displaying maybe the modified date or something?

Hope that makes sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nickb24751111  wrote

I So my suspicions are that the Capture Date being displayed in the expanded cell info is incorrect and is displaying maybe the modified date or something?

Hope that makes sense?

Yes that is what I think also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My suspicions are that the Capture Date being displayed in the expanded cell info is incorrect and is displaying maybe the modified date or something?

Very likely you've tripped over a long-standing bug: Lightroom: Still inconsistent capture date/time for photos and videos | Photoshop Family Customer Co... . When photos are missing the capture date in their metadata (or when LR doesn't know how to read it, e.g. from videos), LR behaves inconsistently, with the symptoms you've observed.  Are these photos scans? 

See this post for a workaround: Lightroom: Still inconsistent capture date/time for photos and videos | Photoshop Family Customer Co... . (Be sure to backup you catalog first.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines