• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A TDR has been detected. Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvoglv64.DLL

Contributor ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been up almost 24 hours and spent the last 8 trying to resolve the current issue. It's been a very frustrating day.

I'll admit there are a few heavy effects going on but I still don't think I am asking a lot of my laptop. I am about to copy it over and try it on my desktop but I live with my laptop most of the time.

Dell Inspiron Gaming with I7\6700U, 16gb memory, 2tb SSD Drives and an nVidia GTX--960m

The comp I created has Video Copilot Jet Pacl (1 Jet), Metropolitan (only 6 builders and some other scenery enhacenemts), a lot of cameras and a lot of lights. Also using Trapcode Particular for Clouds and Jet smoke from the jet. I had Colorista and Film on it as well but I pulled them off and figured I go colorize in post. 

There are also several Level effects and a couple Glows in there. But even with all of that, even if running slow I would think I could render but everytime I tried to render it pukes.

Errors from the Eventvwr Log:

A TDR has been detected.

The application must close.

Error code: 7

(pid=1280 tid=15344 afterfx.exe 64bit)

Visit http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3633 for more information.

Faulting application name: AfterFX.exe, version: 14.1.0.57, time stamp: 0x5875e519

Faulting module name: nvoglv64.DLL, version: 21.21.13.7878, time stamp: 0x58ae90fc

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x0000000000f908e8

Faulting process id: 0x500

Faulting application start time: 0x01d29b567538cfe4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\AfterFX.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvoglv64.DLL

Report Id: f93ab108-ca54-4096-ab3e-4500c94420d8

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

So I've tried the following:

- TDRDelay Registry Mod to Increase Delay

- Updated Graphics Drivers to the latest. Tried earlier one also

- Completely uninstalled After Effects and reinstalled it cleaning out the Cache

- I have added my GPU to the supported GPU Txt file.

- I have tried it in CPU mode vs. GPU Mode.

- I've tried rendering different types of files

- I've tried rendering through AME but AE dies and that's all she wrote

- I've tried other things i can't even remember now because I'm shot.

I've seen this error in other forum posts and on other blogs and I thought I had it nailed with a couple of the above fixes but no matter what, rendering is not happening.

Open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just grabbed all the files from my laptop and went to my Dell XPS I7 with 32GB memory and 5TB SSD and nVidia GTX-960 with 4gb which is much faster than my laptop. I had to load a bunch of stuff on it to test it. However, I still get the same exact error message.

Obviously there is something wrong with my comps and or effects but I really don't think it is that complicated. I'm fairly knew at this and didn't do anything real fancy.

Still open to suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It pretty much is as it is. You are quite likely simply exhausting your resources one way or the other, but without any clue about your comp structure and youer effect settings nobody can tell you much. The mere mention of "a lot of cameras and a lot of lights", though, sets off all kinds of alarms. That's not how Element 3D works. The number of lights is limited by OpenGL and multiple cameras in teh scene can throw it off. I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding there, even if some of those lights are probably only meant as emitters for Particular. as I already said, it probably comes down to your project structure and keeping things separate....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I Admit to it being a learning experiance but for a 10 second comp I really did not think what I have in there would really be enough to exhaust the resources I have. Not to mention that I would think something a little more friendly from After Effects with regard to telling me so would be a nice thing (like hey, stupid, trim it down a bit will you) instead of me having to go to the EventVWR to figure out what the error is. As I also said, I am not alone as I see a lot of the same error out there but I can't speak to other's experience level.

I'm going to start over and go bare bones for now and try rendering. Then I'll try adding in some flavor little by little at the end and see where I end up. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines