• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing problem

Participant ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently started using LR and have imported some CR2 files from my hard drive, and processed, keyworded and exported them. The resulting JPGs are now in my hard drive in the same folder alongside the original CR2s, but when I try to get them back into LR only the CR2s appear. This means I can't search for my photos using the keywords I gave them. This is really important to me as I have a lot of photos waiting to be moved into LR and need to be able to find them easily. I've tried Preferences-General- "Treat Jpeg files next to Raw files as separate photos" and vice versa but can't find the answer. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong  please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To apply changes to Preferences setting LR most be closed and restarted. You will then need to add the exported JPEGs using the Import module or Synchronize folder option (right-click on folder). Also make sure the below Export module option is checked so that future JPEG exports will be added automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently started using LR and have imported some CR2 files from my hard drive, and processed, keyworded and exported them. The resulting JPGs are now in my hard drive in the same folder alongside the original CR2s, but when I try to get them back into LR only the CR2s appear. This means I can't search for my photos using the keywords I gave them.

It does not mean this at all. If you gave the keywords to the original RAW photos, then you can still search for them in Lightroom.

Furthermore, the idea of importing your exports into Lightroom (or even using the "Add to This Catalog" option) is frowned upon by many as an unnecessary step. Many people consider exports to be temporary only, they are for a certain use (like e-mail, print, web) and then when you are done with the exports, you delete them from your hard disk, knowing that you can re-create them EXACTLY by exporting them again from Lightroom if you so desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks. I appreciate your help.

John B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your very helpful guidance.I will probably need more help from

this forum as I get further into LR but your response to my question has

given me hope.

John B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines