• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6.9 will not launch PSE 14 until after delay and error message

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed the update to LR6.9 and now when I go to edit in PSE 14 there is a significant delay and then it says LR couldn't launch PSE.  I hit OK then it will launch PSE 14.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Which operating system are you using?

Did you checked the External editor setup in Lightroom preferences and ensured that it is set to open Photoshop elements?

From the Lightroom Library go to:

Edit >> Preferences >> External Editing (tab) Windows

Lightroom >> Preferences >> External Editing (tab) Mac OSX

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I check that and also added another instance of it.  It seems that LP is not passing off the file correctly because PSE opens but does not open the file.

Windows 10

Everything was working properly prior to updating to LR 6.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have Elements but have read about similar problems to yours. I would check the External editing preset again and confirm that Lr is pointing to the Elements Editor (and not the Photoshop Elements.exe  'preloader')

Have a read of this link-

http://digitalphotographyformoms.com/lightroom-photoshop-elements-edit-in-issues/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've checked, changed, tested, that route.  Several times.  Still no luck.  I am almost to the point of removing elements from my computer and reinstalling it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, PSE opens correctly, just the photo isn't passed to it, but after a few minutes LR responds with

After I hit OK, The file appears in PSE, ready for editing.I can edit, save and exit and the new file is in LR with the edits.  If I exit PSE, the same thing happens next time.  If I leave PSE open, the same thing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe says it is a bug they are working on and I can

edit a copy without LR adjustments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines