1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2017 8:50 AM by Akash Sharma

Using Geotags with LR Mobile

mariom93941186 Level 1

On my laptop I have Lightroom 6.0, and Photoshop CS5 Extended with Bridge. On my iPhone 5, I just got the free Lightroom Mobile. I have a new DSLR (Canon 6D) that has an internal GPS to record geotag info.

On my laptop, both LR and Bridge can read the geotags with any problem. When use the DSLR Wi-Fi to transfer photos to the iPhone, neither the iPhone or Lightroom Mobile appear able to display the geotag information.

Is there an iPhone or Lightroom Mobile option that I can do this with? Or do I have to get a app add-on to do this?

By the way, I am not interested in using the CC subscription based cloud for this. I am interested only in stand alone solutions. The DSLR is recording the GPS info correctly. It only appears to be a function of whether or not the app and/or program can read display this information.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Using Geotags with LR Mobile
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

The Lightroom mobile is a standalone app that with the ability to sync can allow images to be shared across your devices with the metadata carrying the geo-tagging info.

With LR mobile standalone app, You can enable to keep the Location info as part of the Lr Mobile settings->Share with Metadata option and can later export them to use the information.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash