• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add ink stroke to multiple shapes/objects

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to add an ink stroke to a bunch of shapes/objects at once instead of having to click every part manually? I'm referring to shapes/objects that do not already have an ink outlines.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

The following JSFL should work if you have selected the shapes already:

fl.getDocumentDOM().selection[0].x+=0; //this line does not have any effect but seems to be required.

fl.getDocumentDOM().setStrokeSize(1);

You can save the JSFL file as a command and assign a keyboard shortcut to it for quick access.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use jsfl for that, but i don't know a way to do that from the animate interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does JSFL have access to multiple islands in a selected shape?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, jsfl can loop through each and every shape/object and apply a stroke of various kinds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so, but using the Ink Bottle tool is quite quick. How many shapes to you want to give a stroke?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "I don't think so" was in reply to the original post, not the JSFL idea. My posts arrived out of order!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? I find that hard to believe. Oh well. I've already manually applied the stroke to all the objects. It took a while. Also, what is JSFL??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following JSFL should work if you have selected the shapes already:

fl.getDocumentDOM().selection[0].x+=0; //this line does not have any effect but seems to be required.

You can save the JSFL file as a command and assign a keyboard shortcut to it for quick access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested that and it does work. This time I'll mark Nipun's answer as Correct!

I gave kglad a 'helpful' too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone explain to me what a JSFL is? I'm not familiar with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a language that lets you run code in the authoring environment, http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flash/cs/extend/flash_cs5_extending.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you need to do is go to File Menu > New > choose JSFL Script File > OK

Copy paste the below code and save the file:

Now, simply go back to your Fla document, choose all the shapes you want to add stroke to, goto Commands menu and click on the file name you saved above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It can be even easier than that. Copy and paste Nipun's code into a new JSFL document. Select the shapes on the stage, and above the JSFL document there is a play button. Click that. No need to save the JSFL or add it to your commands menu.

Of course, if you're going to be doing a lot of the same action it's handy to have it in the commands menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines