2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2017 5:04 PM by lindab58218304

premier elements 9 does not load projects or media

lindab58218304

I have premier elements 9. It was loaded in 2011. I have Windows 7. It worked just fine initially but in the last 6 months or so, I cannot get the  proper work screen to show. i have the top bars showing and that is all. The main screen is blank This means I cannot access any of the functions such as loading a video or previous project.

It simply does nothing, or tells me a serious error has occurred and then shuts down.

I have uninstalled and re installed to no avail.

All other video editing software has been removed.

I looked for the oobe folder and could not fine one ( as suggested by another forum)

Photoshop Elements 9 which was loaded at the same time still works fine.

The Organizer part of the programme still works.

Any ideas to fix most appreciated.

• 1. Re: premier elements 9 does not load projects or media
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You haven't said, so I assume you're still running Windows 7. You don't say what processor you have or which graphics card, but those could also be significant factors.

So first go manually to Windows Update and ensure that you have all of the updates -- including the non-critical updates that do not install automatically.

Also, go to your graphics card's web site (AMD, Intel or nVidia) and ensure you have the latest drivers. Don't trust Windows to give them to you.

You may also want to uninstall and reinstall the program. This is a pretty old program on a pretty old operating system, and there's no telling what may have corrupted over the years.

• 2. Re: premier elements 9 does not load projects or media
            lindab58218304 Level 1

thanks Steve, tried all your suggestions, to no avail. It's quite annoying that something paid for just stops working...lol I'm heaps older than the darned programme and I'm still working away.