10 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2017 9:41 AM by iMerica

Terrible performance in LR - Fantastic in PP. What gives?!

Phlanker

Would love some help with this folks - and yep, I've done everything the FAQ's suggest to increase performance in LR - and now I'm asking the brains trust to see if there is something simple I'm just not seeing.

Computer Specs:

i7-6800K running at 4.0Ghz. (yep, 6 cores)

32Gb DDR4 3200mhz RAM

512Gb M.2 Samsung 950pro SSD (as OS, Adobe, import and edit drive)

GTX1080 6Gb VRAM

Windoze 10.

Have 75% SSD free,

LR only utilising 8Gb Ram (of 32 available),

task manager is only showing CPU utilisation of 30% when using lightroom heavily.

Nil open in the back ground.

Catalog size is only 3000 images and was optimized today (and every week previously)

SSD is defragged every week.

Symptoms: will have an image open in develop pane, click right button on keyboard, wait 3 seconds, next image loads.

Loading full images, (not small), have smart preview on, and I am utilising the GFX card for assistance and it's still this slow.

Adjustment brush is unusable because of the lag.

In retrospect, I booted up my old 2009 Mac Pro (quad core Xeon , 6Gb Ram etc.) and it takes about a half second between images...

This is really frustrating as I'm sure you can imagine, and I'm just about done with the Adobe suit because of this issue - that said, I do video work in Premiere Pro and Ae and they're both blazingly fast. It just seems to be an issue with LR.

HELP!!!

Thanks folks

Wes.