8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2017 9:01 AM by Pavel Homeriki

Sizing problems when placing images from Photoshop

Wimot Budgen Level 1

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up a new website and I wanted to structure it in a way so that I have fixed width breakpoints that cover desktop and tablet browsers and then create a fluid width breakpoint that covers mobile browsers.

The problem I'm having is with the initial breakpoint width. I want the largest breakpoint to be 1200px (page size) and Muse puts 100px either side of this for the browser window which is all fine. I also wanted to use the hiDPI setting across the site so it looks sharp on Retina screens.

The problem I'm having is when I set up images in Photoshop I assumed that I just have to create them all at x2 the pixel dimensions I actually need. Muse then adds in the code to use either the x2 files or the standard ones depending on what screen it's viewed on.

So... I have a banner graphic that I want to span the 1200px width of the web page, in Photoshop I have set this image up to 2400px 72dpi. When I place this image into Muse it brings it in at 1024px?? Does anyone know what it chooses 1024px from a 2400px image? When viewed in a browser on a Retina screen it looks fuzzy as well which isn't ideal!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

Dan